Legal Sibling DNA Testing
A sibling DNA test is used to determine if two or more siblings are biologically related as full siblings, half siblings or not related biologically.
Why choose DNA Legal for Sibling Testing?
- Highest Accuracy Testing Guaranteed
- 4x more DNA tested compared to other labs
- Support pre and post testing
- Painless DNA mouth swab collections
- 100% Accurate Results
A legal Sibling DNA test is required for the following reasons:
- When providing legal information for immigration cases
- Complex family reconstruction situations where one or more parents are able to be tested.
This DNA test requires a DNA sample to be taken by a professional doctor, nurse, or accredited sampler and cannot be self administrated.
Our labs conduct legal testing that is ISO/IEC:17025 accredited and ISO:9001:2008 certified for use in the UK court system.
Sibling Testing Options
We can establish three different types of Sibling relationships including;
- Full Sibling vs Half Sibling - this proves if two siblings share one or two parents in common.
- Half Sibling vs Unrelated - this proves if two people share one parent in common or are unrelated.
- Full Sibling vs Unrelated - designed for situations where siblings may either be related or not.
It is our aim with our sibling tests to establish either a 99% proof of relationship or 100% exclusion. This range depends on who can be tested within the family.