Professional Use COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Testing Kits
The coronavirus COVID-19 rapid screening test works using a simple finger prick blood sample, similar to what is used by diabetics for insulin testing.
Full training is delivered to your designated staff or our collection officers can support the process.
The dual antibody test can reflect both virus infection and immune status. All equipment is provided in the kit.
- Collect blood using a finger lancet
- Add blood sample to test strip using the pipette
- Add drops of buffer to test strip
- Read results after 15 mins
If there is a suspicion of having COVID-19 and the test is negative it is recommended to test again 5-7 days later.
To purchase a Coronavirus test kit visit our sister website DNA Workplace
How the Coronavirus test can be used
The COVID-19 rapid test is designed to alert the person tested they have the Coronavirus antibody and should seek immediate medical attention.
Laboratory confirmation testing advised.
Private lab testing options available shortly.
Rapid test features:
- Self-collection via fingerprint blood spot
- Results within 10 minutes
- Designed for initial rapid screening
- 97-98% Sensitivity & Specificity
- CE Marked and Certified
Where the testing helps
- For people displaying symptoms wanting to establish if they have COVID-19 antibodies.
- Where a person has come in contact with a positive COVID-19 case and wants to establish if they have COVID-19 at that point.
- For companies looking to screen staff at different stages of the local outbreak including supporting the safe return to work of staff after any lockdown or self-isolation.
- For companies looking to conduct regular screening of employees allowing them to minimise the spread of COVID-19 within their firm by identifying asymptomatic people.
- Public Health services and front line support staff screening.
How reliable are the results?
The initial clinical study when the outbreak started, showed an accuracy rate of 97%-98%. This compares to 75%-95% with other tests on the market. We are currently validating the test results with multiple medical professionals and universities in the UK.
When will my COVID-19 testing kit(s) arrive?
We have stock arriving w/c 6th April. (When we order it takes 8 days to arrive in the UK if there are no delays - we will assume 14 days)
Are these tests certified?
The covid-19 tests are CE marked for professional use, they fit the new FDA approval guidelines and are used by governments and medical professionals worldwide. The CE marking indicates that a product has been assessed by the manufacturer and deemed to meet EU safety, health and environmental protection requirements. It is required for products manufactured anywhere in the world that are then marketed in the EU.
What items are supplied in the Coronavirus test kit?
1 x Pipettes