DNA Workplace Professional Use COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Testing Kits
Our sister company, DNA Workplace, provides comprehensive back to work COVID-19 testing programs for businesses, to support the world to get started again after the global lockdown.
These programs involve a regular screening plan to minimise the spread of this virus by identifying both symptomatic and asymptomatic people in conjunction with a maintenance platform that supports how to integrate your next steps.
COVID-19 testing is crucial in understanding whether you have contracted COVID-19 and recovered, are currently infected or have never been in contact with the virus. The results will help you shape how to live going forward and whether you may need to retest in the future.
COVID-19 classically causes symptoms such as a dry persistent cough, fever and fatigue, but how do you know whether you are experiencing coronavirus, influenza or another similar infection with almost identical symptoms?
To purchase a Coronavirus test kit visit our sister website DNA Workplace
The DNA Workplace Service
There is the option of three different tests, which are both highly accurate and from extensive scientific research the best performing tests on the market. With DNA Workplace you also receive so much more than simply a product, and the package includes:
- The option of having a virtual DNA Workplace team member to guide you through the entire testing process through an online portal
- A comprehensive, complimentary online training course to support you to use the tests safely and effectively
- Complete flexibility of where the tests can be done, for example, an airport, workplace, marine vessel, mine or factory
- Support to understand the results of your test, and what this means for you going forward
- An EUA FDA approved back to lab PCR antigen test with an accuracy of 98% to 100% to detect the current presence of the COVID-19 virus, with results delivered to you within 2- 3 working days of the sample arriving at the lab
- A CE marked, pre EUA FDA rapid IgG & IgM antibody test that is 97.5% to 99% accurate in detecting past infection and trialled extensively in the UK and across Europe, that provides test results within 15 minutes.
- An EUA FDA approved back to lab antibody test which determines whether someone has the IgG antibody to COVID-19 with a 97.5-100% accuracy in detecting past infection and results delivered to your company within 2-3 working days of the sample arriving at the lab.
Test Type 1: COVID-19 Antigen Lab Testing (PCR)
The COVID-19 Antigen Test determines if someone currently has COVID-19. It is conducted via a throat & nose swab that is sent back to the lab with results released in 2-3 working days.
The Type 1 test can determine COVID-19 from 2 days prior to symptoms. However, its key focus is normally used for detection of COVID-19 at point of symptoms occurring until they are no longer present.
Testing can be carried out by your organisation’s CQC registered clinical representative (if you do not have one of these this can be supplied to you upon your request), either at your organisation’s offices or at a staff member’s home. Online training is provided so as to ensure the collection process is strictly followed, otherwise the result may be invalid.
Results from the lab would come via email directly to the CQC registered clinical lead and can then be distributed to staff. This test has received Emergency Use Authorisation from the FDA and is approved by Public Health England.
Test Type 2: Rapid COVID-19 Antibody Testing
The COVID-19 Antibody Test is designed to only determine if someone has the antibodies to COVID-19. It is not to detect if you currently have COVID-19. This test is only to be used after 14 days of symptom onset.
The Antibody Testing can provide four (4) results:
1) Negative - meaning the participant does not have the antibodies for COVID-19
2) Positive IgM - meaning the participant has the IgM antibody, indicating initial stage of infection
3) Positive IgG - meaning the participant has the IgG antibody and they have been exposed to COVID-19 in the past and therefore there is potential immunity against COVID-19 and;
4) Positive IgM and IgG - meaning the participant has both the IgM and IgG antibodies and confirms it is a later stage of infection: typically at 7+ days after symptoms appear.
If while testing you receive positive IgM or positive IgM and IgG you will need to follow the process of isolation and the guidelines of local and national authorities.
If the test is negative a second test is advised 14 days later. It is recommended that companies test staff either weekly, monthly or quarterly depending on the specific requirements.
This test provides results in 15-minutes. This test has been approved for distribution for professional use by the MHRA and has pre-EUA FDA.
Test Type 3: COVID-19 Back To Lab Antibody Testing
As previously mentioned above the COVID-19 Antibody Test is designed to detect if a person has produced the antibodies as a defence to COVID-19. The back to lab antibody test is designed to detect if an individual has the IgG antibody, specific to the SARS-CoV-2 virus.
This test is done 21 days+ after initial symptoms. It is important to note that for some people, they may not have had symptoms yet can still develop the antibodies if they were infected.
The test can be carried out on anyone and is offered by a Phlebotomist collection appointment (at home or work). Test results are returned typically 2-3 working days from when samples are received by the laboratory.
DNA Workplace constantly reviews the providers of back to lab antibody tests and delivers the highest quality test that is available. The current test on the market is made by Abbott Laboratories with a test from Roche Diagnostics becoming available for non-NHS use estimated in the next 2 months.
This test is Public Health Approved for samples collected by venipuncture and has received Emergency Use Authorisation from the FDA.
Why should I invest in testing my staff?
As observed in other countries around the globe, testing is crucial in limiting the spread of infection and bringing businesses back to work. At the moment accessible testing for the public is very limited, but we believe that everyone should be able to access testing so that they have the peace of mind knowing where they stand.
Testing your staff before they recommence work and taking part in ongoing monitoring of symptoms and immune status will mean that your business could be one of the first businesses to reach full operations again. It is not just an investment into a test, but into the well being, productivity and prosperity of your organisation.