Legal Aunt/Uncle DNA Testing
The Aunt/Uncle test is generally used where an alleged father is not available, however, his brother or sister is.
Why choose DNA Legal for Aunt/Uncle Testing?
- World's most advanced avuncular test
- Testing up to 68 markers making it at least twice as accurate as any other sibling test on the market
- Full Support - No Hidden Fees
- Up to three people tested
- 100% Accurate Results
A legal Aunt/Uncle DNA test is required for the following reasons:
- When proving relationships
- When a parent is not available for testing, to help prove paternity.
Results can be used in a court of law, from immigration cases to complex family reconstruction situations. This test requires a DNA sample to be taken by a professional doctor, nurse, or accredited sampler and cannot be self administrated. Our labs conduct legal testing that is ISO/IEC:17025 accredited and ISO:9001:2008 certified for use in the UK court system.
Aunt/Uncle DNA Testing Options
We conduct aunt/uncle testing when an alleged father is not available to be tested but his brother or sister is willing to participate in a test.
The Aunt/Uncle DNA Test:
- Conclusive Range: <10% exclusion or >90% inclusion.
- Turnaround Time: 5-10 Business Days
- Participants: One alleged aunt or uncle, one niece or nephew.
- Other Details: The probabilities can be increased greatly if other known relatives, such as a parent of the niece or nephew, are available for testing. Results may vary between 100% exclusion to 99.99% positive proof of relationship.
- We do not guarantee that results will fall into this conclusive range, however, with our detailed DNA testing of up to 68 DNA Markers, DNA Legal provide conclusive results for Aunt/Uncle tests in up to 98% of cases. This is far higher than the industry average of 75%.