The 2013 Legal Aid Lawyer of the year awards were a huge success with the standard of entries being exceptional. As a sponsor of the awards it was a real privilege to meet not only the winners and individuals nominated but to see and feel the support and dedication from everyone in the room.
Held at the Globe Theatre in London we bore witness to over 300 outstanding individuals all coming together to celebrate their love of legal aid work.
The winners of the awards are shown below
- Outstanding achievement: Raju Bhatt, Bhatt Murphy
- Criminal defence lawyer: Margaret Gordon, Christian Khan/Imran Khan & Partners
- Legal aid firm: Makin Dixon, Bradford
- Legal aid barrister: Jane Hoyal, 1 Pump Court
- Immigration lawyer: Hilton von Herbert, Hackney Community Law Centre
- Mental health lawyer: Richard Nicholas, RMNJ Solicitors
- Social and welfare lawyer: Russell Conway, Oliver Fisher
- Family legal aid lawyer: Colin Mackey, Churchers, Bolitho Way
- Legal aid newcomer: lawyerNadia Salam, GT Stewart Solicitors
- Legal aid newcomer: barrister Leonie Hirst, Tooks Chambers